Genetically dominate (homozygous) traits of Irish Black Cattle:
1. Dark Hides; black or occasionally red (a recessive red gene trait).
2. Moderate Framed; cows 1050-1250 lbs., bulls 1650-2100 lbs.
3. Light Birth Weights; our calves have averaged 72 lbs over nine yrs.
5. High Fertility; 50-70 cows per single I.B. Bull!! Heifers cycle/breed well.
7. High Weight Gain; 3.95 ADG June 2012 Feedlot Results/Halfbloods!
8. EFFICIENCY; 4.79 conversion rate June 2012 Feedlot Results!!!
9. Excellent Rib Eye Area Scores; we provide data on every sale bull.
10. High Tenderness.
11. High Marbling Scores; ultrasound data on every sale bull.
12. Low Back Fat Scores; our sale bulls averaged .11 of an in. BF.
13. Top Yield Grade Scores; consistent group performance in feedlots.
14. High Carcass Weights; excellent ADG/conversions and fast finishing.
15. Premium Carcass Performance; tasty and tender.
16. Longevity of Production; our bulls will perform to six plus years old.
17. Large Scrotal Measurements. Our aver. 22 month old bull = 39cm.
18. Large Pelvic Measurements.
19. Shorter Gestation Period; 277 days.
20. Calving Ease/Maternal Instincts; Excellent replacements!
21. High Milk Production.
22. Excellent Mothering Traits.
23. Small Finger Length Teats; and no pendulous udders.
24. Penis does not hang down and drag.
25. No Brisket Problems; altitude tested genetic performance.
26. Good Minded Cattle; easy to handle and sort, no head-hunters!
27. Ranging Cattle; these cattle take care of themselves, cows go find the best grasses and calves jump up & want to suck!